Hi I’m Rachel and I am about to embark on the 26.2 mile journey that is a marathon. We all know it takes more than just running a silly number of miles and I want to share all of those extra bits with you – from discussing different club sessions to the embarrassing moments we often face when out pounding the pavements.
A little bit about me…
I am from Northern Ireland and live in Exeter – a lovely city in the beautiful English county of Devon. I am a member of two running groups (Quay2Fitness and UK Run Chat Exeter) and an avid park runner.
Previous running history:
- 3x Edinburgh Half Marathon finisher (2014, 2015 & 2016)
- Great West Run finisher (2016 and soon to be 2017)
- Great North Run finisher (2017 – half marathon PB of 1:56:22 – see photo below)
- Some 10K races including the Jurassic Coast 10K (2017)
- Lots of 5K races when I was younger including Race For Life etc.
Why am I blogging?
I have signed up to the Edinburgh Marathon 2018 and in order to keep myself motivated and to share my love of running, I want to write this blog for you to read.
I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!